Rapid Ratings International Inc., together with its subsidiaries (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For personal data and personal information received from the European Union and European Economic Area, RapidRatings complies with the E.U. – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States. More information can be found in the “E.U. – U.S. Privacy Shield” section below.
Information we May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, apply for a vacancy advertised on our website and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information (where you purchase a Rapid Ratings service/product).
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose personal data to advertising networks.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Rapid Ratings International Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rapid Ratings International Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
E.U. – U.S. Privacy Shield
RapidRatings complies with the E.U. – U.S. Privacy Shield as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data and personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States. RapidRatings has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability, and the 16 Supplemental Principles (collectively, “Privacy Shield Principles”), and such adherence is subject to investigation and enforcement by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
RapidRatings’ participation in the Privacy Shield applies to all personal data transferred from the European Union and European Economic Area to RapidRatings in the United States, including (but not limited to), personal data collected or otherwise processed by RapidRatings on behalf of its Europe-based customers and other users of its website and services. RapidRatings will comply with the Privacy Shield Principles in respect of such personal data. If there is any conflict between the terms in this policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. RapidRatings’ adherence to the Privacy Shield Principles may be limited to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements.
RapidRatings’ accountability for personal data that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, RapidRatings remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless RapidRatings proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage (if any).
Individuals whose personal data is transferred to RapidRatings under the Privacy Shield have the right to access their personal data maintained by RapidRatings, and to correct, amend or delete such data where it is inaccurate or processed unlawfully, as described in the Privacy Shield Principles. To exercise any of these rights, please email the RapidRatings Legal Department at email@example.com.
In addition, RapidRatings provides individuals with certain choices regarding how RapidRatings uses and discloses personal data. First, if RapidRatings uses your personal data for a materially different purpose than that for which it was originally collected or discloses your personal data to a third party (other than third party providers acting on our behalf), RapidRatings will first provide you with a clear, conspicuous and readily available mechanism to opt-out of any such use or disclosure (e.g., by sending you an email seeking your consent). In addition, all of our email communications include the ability to opt-out from receiving future emails, except those emails that are necessary to provide you with the services you have requested or purchased. If you have any questions about your choices regarding how we use and disclose your personal data, or how to exercise these choices, please email the RapidRatings Legal Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to contact us should you have a Privacy Shield-related (or general privacy-related) complaint or inquiry by emailing the RapidRatings Legal Department at email@example.com. For any complaints that cannot be resolved with RapidRatings directly, RapidRatings has chosen to cooperate with JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider, to resolve such complaints at no cost to you. Please visit www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov. To view our certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Third Party Links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updated: November 15, 2017